The free medical consultation over the phone or online.
All customers with basic insurance from KLuG can consult a doctor free of charge using the services of the Swiss centre for telemedicine, Medgate, either over the phone or on-line. Please note that the consultation over the phone is only available in Switzerland. If you are abroad please call the KLuG emergency number on your insurance card.
- Free medical advice
- Inexpensive phone calls (you only pay for the first call at the local rate of your telephone provider. A doctor will call you back for the consultation.)
- Consultation is recorded for your safety (medical confidentiality is binding for all Medgate employees; data protection regulations are strictly adhered to.)
- You can choose advice over the Internet (not suitable for acute symptoms)
This is what you do
- Call Medi 24.
- Give them your personal details, your insurance number, your symptoms and a callback number and arrange a callback appointment. Tip: write down in advance what your problem is. In urgent cases you will be put through to the doctor straight away.
- To help assess skin and eye complaints you can send a digital image by e-mail on request.
- A doctor will call you back and discuss treatment with you: you treat yourself, you consult a doctor in person or are hospitalised. For certain illnesses the doctor can write you a prescription or refer you to a pharmacy near you. In an emergency, Medgate will alert the emergency services for you.
- With certain illnesses the doctor will ask you how you feel again a few days later in a second phone call.